Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's Your Happiest Moment?

My sweet daughter took me to lunch this afternoon. On our way back we were talking about her dad and how one of his old work buddies, Neal, had died in a farm accident. A couple of days prior, he had sent Dave some pictures of him and his boy and had described one of the pictures as being one of his happiest moments.

I asked Jill if she had a "happiest moment" and through tears, this is what she said...

"Mom, do you remember when we went to Disneyland and were watching the parade through Main Street? Remember when Timone from the Lion King walked by and gave Dax a big hug? That was my happiest moment."

 Dang if I can't find the picture, but this was them in Disneyland.

WOW! I have to say I was a bit surprised it involved her brother and was something that happened nearly 6 years ago. She asked me what my happiest moment was and I told her I have many; marriage, the birth of my kids, spending time around the dinner table with my family, Christmas, Easter... I have soooo many happy moments, not one better than the next.

What's your happiest moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment