Marie is a great mother-in-law. She is not like the typical, nosy, interfering beeotch of an in-law that often hovers over many women married to the "perfect" son. In fact, I would have to say that from the very beginning she has been appreciative (of passing the torch, so to speak) and sympathetic (of my eternal plight) and she certainly agrees with me that Justin is a one of a kind! Ha... Justin actually inherited many good qualities from his mom.
Here are a few things that I love about Marie:
- She's a tender-heart - if there's a tear to be shed, you can bet that Marie and I are the ones shedding them. Whether they are happy or sad moments, things that we witness together or people and events we talk about, if it has to do with our families or those that we love and care about, we tend to become a little emotional. I love sharing these moments with her.
- She loves her kids NO MATTER WHAT. Seriously, this group could frustrate, embarrass, and drive the most stable person insane, but she just rolls her eyes, laughs and says, "OH GIVE ME STRENGTH".
- She loves family time and goes out of her way to make sure everyone is happy, taken care of and having a good time.
- She has made wonderful traditions for her family. The Miller Family Classic, Christmas Eve, Pumpkin Carving, Back to School Backpacks are a few that immediately come to mind. Maybe we will add the Pumpkin Walk to this list.
- She is an active grandma. Marie spends quite a bit of time with her grandkids. She is a great example to them and I appreciate her for the effort she makes to see them and the fun things she does with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment