OK, truthfully I didn't have much opportunity this week to spread the goodwill. My kids were sick and I didn't get out much. The only thing I can think of is after baby animal days on Saturday (I drugged my kids up so they could at least enjoy one thing during spring break), we went to Angie's for lunch. We were entering the restaurant as an elderly couple were leaving and I held the door open for them. The lady thanked me and said, "God bless you". I remember thinking that you don't hear that very often anymore...
I was able to talk to Dax about how simple it is to hold the door open for someone, even if they have the ability to do it for themselves. He is pretty good at this anyway and seems to enjoy doing it when he thinks of it. I hope our talk makes him think about it more often.
Did you goodwill hunt this week?

I sucked this week and didn't come up with anything... I didn't even hold open a door for someone! I will do better next week!! :P
ReplyDeleteWell it paid off, when I went to pick up Dax today at school he was the first one out and held the door open for his teacher and the rest of his class.
ReplyDeleteI broke out of my shell and spoke to my neighbor on the way to pick up Logan from school. They are a young couple with a new baby and I know they don't know thier direct neighbors.
ReplyDeleteWe must have talked for about 20 minutes and I think it was good for the both of us. One of my goals was to get to know my neighbors more and not be intimidated in talking with them.