As I was leaving for work Thursday morning, Dax said that there was a bird in our garage. Sure enough, it was a robin. She had built a nest on top of our garage light and she must have done it in the middle of the night because the nest was not there Wednesday when I locked up the house around 10pm.
Later, when I got home from work, the nest was even bigger and more amazing...
I tried to see if the robin had laid any eggs, but I wasn't tall enough to get any pictures from above. I didn't see her today at all and I wonder if she has abandoned her little penthouse. If this is the case and there aren't any eggs in the nest, Justin is going to get rid of it this weekend. If she does come back and there are eggs in the nest, we are just going to leave it alone. I think it will be fun for my kids in a few weeks to see and hear the little ones...
Dax was telling us all about the bird in the garage.
ReplyDeleteWow!! My mom has a wreath that she has on her door in the spring and for two years she has had a bird nest in there with eggs and everything.... it's great, until someone forgets and opens the door too quickly and eggs fall to the ground!!! Oops!!!
ReplyDelete