I was so happy for the opportunity to attend this conference. Located in a beautiful place... Snowbird. It reminded me of Alberta and the beautiful, Rocky Mountain resorts.
The hotel was this incredible fortress... The Cliff Lodge. OK, built out of concrete in case of avalanches. The sign in one of the parking lots suggested you didn't just stand there because you were in an avalanche zone!
I couldn't beat the company...
The theme of the conference... A New Decade, New Possibilities.
I came back refreshed. I came back excited. I came back smarter and wiser. I came back with some new ideas that I am looking forward to organizing and eventually implementing. I came back with an even greater desire to continue my education!
I met some great people and listened to many, many wonderful professionals. It was really incredible being in the same place with another 6-7 hundred individuals with the same goal...
to mentor, inspire, understand, help and love our troubled youth!
Here are some of the workshops I was able to attend:
There is Life After Tests, and Before - Dr. Pat Cooper
Gender Differences in Communication - Michael Nerney
What is the Best Way to Treat Trauma? - David Burton
Mad Skills for Student Success - Patrick Perez
Creative Communication - Eric Guy
If given the chance, I will be happy to share some of the information. Not only do I have a better understanding of kids I work with, I also have a better understanding of ways to teach and communicate with my own kids.
---------------------------------------------------
Now just for fun... imagine the discussion with your boss about your accommodations... like the "window" between the bed and the bathroom shower...
Sounds fabulous Jenn and so great to hear someone excited about workshops at a conference! I LOVE conferences and always learn something new. What do you think the biggest change you'll make is, at school or at home? Beautiful scenery, too!
ReplyDelete