It wasn't until I was an adult that I saw the humor in the Peanuts gang. I always loved Snoopy and Woodstock, but found "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" dull. The comic strip was even worse, boring and humorless. Last year, I bought "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown" and laughed my butt off for a couple of reasons...
1-The relationship between Lucy and her 2 younger brother's, Linus and Rerun, is funny and really hits home. It reminds me of Jill, Dax and Jace. I even found Dax quoting one of the lines in the movie. "Sister's are the crabgrass in the lawn of life." and Lucy talking about how unlucky she was to get stuck with 2 younger brothers.
2-Snoopy is such a cool dog. Sometimes I think Frodo could be this cool if he wasn't so stupid! Here is a conversation in one of my favorite scenes:
Rerun: By the way. When someone walks by, how do you decide if you should bark at them?
(Snoopy flips a coin and looks at it)
Snoopy: Woof
I would love to own all the Peanuts movies...

No comments:
Post a Comment