Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Aunt Margo

I have been promising my Aunt Margo, who lives in Amalga (like 10 minutes away), that I would visit her this summer. Finally, I was able to take my boys over to her house.

Today she introduced me to her 9 dogs (yes, you read it right), a couple of cats, some fish and a very fowl-mouthed (pun intended) bird. She also let me read her latest children book and raid her beautiful garden. It was fun and my kids had a great time petting the kitty and running amok outside.


Margo is a really neat lady. She is creative and artistic, she loves animals, she loves her kids and grandkids and she is not at all a judgmental person. I love her for many different reasons and I have some pretty fun memories of time that I have been able to spend with her.

Here are a few things I'll share:

Margo makes everyone's birthday cards and you can always be sure to receive one from her in the mail a few days before your birthday. She has even remembered my anniversary and will often send things for my kids to do around the holidays.

Just a few I had handy...

Margo also makes a family calendar every year with every relative's birthday and anniversary marked. It is so nice to have these dates at my fingertips every year. The BEST thing about the calendar is the artwork. My kids LOVE getting this in December and it is fun family time to sit down and look for cousins, mom, dad, grandparents, and especially yourself pictured in the calendar. I am so grateful for the time, effort and appreciate the money she spends to put this together.

In 2008 I was a large breasted devil!

When Margo lived on the ranch in Deweyville, it was always a treat for my brother and I to go and spend the day there. Once, we drove a HUGE wolf spider (it barely fit in the mayonaise jar) back to Logan for my Uncle Kurt. Aunt Margo had caught this thing herself - scooped it right into the jar and everything. I was so amazed as a little girl that spiders and snakes never grossed or creeped my aunt out. Now as an adult, I know it is her love of all animals that allows her to do that.

Another time on the ranch, I remember my cousin Blake and I were playing with a dodge ball down in their basement. Well, Blake threw it at me rather hard and hit me square in the face. I came upstairs crying and Margo took me into the bathroom to "doctor" me up. What she really did was create a huge black, blue and yellow bruise on the side of my face with her make-up. She then called Blake upstairs to see what he had done to his sweet cousin! Awesome or what?

When I got home this afternoon, I wondered why the hell I don't visit my relatives (especially the ones that live so close) more often. Why, why, why? I'll leave it at that and hopefully can make a change in the next year.

I love you Aunt Margo.

No comments:

Post a Comment