Friday, July 16, 2010

Old Ephraim's Grave

For those of you that are not familiar with the great grizzly, Ephraim...

"Old Ephraim," the last known grizzly bear in Utah, was a gigantic grizzly bear who roamed the Cache National Forest from about 1911 to his death on August 22, 1923. He caused tremendous damage to the sheep and cattle grazing this area. His private domain included the Right Fork of Logan Canyon, Elk Valley and Temple Fork. Today, his grave is marked by an 11-foot stone monument, representing his actual height.
-Taken from www.byways.org




This was an amazing ride for many different reasons:
  • it is just beautiful. You have no idea just how high you are climbing until you look back. It is just spectacular. I took a ton of pictures, but they seriously don't do it justice. You have to see it with your own eyes
  • the air was so fresh and clean. It smelled a little like freshly mowed lawn with a hint of honey. I couldn't believe how green it was either
  • the trail we were on was well kept and smooth. Jace's head wasn't bobbing around and he even managed to get a little nap in



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures! (P.S. I cannot believe how friggin' tall Old Ephraim was! Holy crap!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jace's foot up while he's throwing the rock!

    ReplyDelete