This afternoon we headed over to Willow Park for some more dutch oven cooking with Justin's grandparents and extended family. The weather was just beautiful, thankfully we were in the shade, and it was nice to hang out with some family.
Dax had a good time playing with the other kids by the creek and Jace ran around playing shy with all the old guys. Hyrum's brother, Marv, came up and asked me how I was related to Theron Anhder. I told him that he was my grandpa. Apparently he was taught by my grandpa at Skyview... Such the small world.
Marv
Later in the evening, I took the boys to the Demolition Derby. Justin volunteered to work it, so we were able to get in for free. We had great front row seats and there was a ton of action. Both the boys were hollering and clapping and seemed to be having a great time.
They had 3 sets of car demolitions, 1 truck demo and there were even lawnmower races! Dax and I would pick which car we thought would win... my pink and black car, driven by a chick, won the whole thing. If you were to ask Dax though, he would tell you he picked that car from the beginning. Yah, right. I have learned to pick my battles with that boy very carefully.
In between one of the "heats" , all the kids that wanted to got out in the dirt and horsed around. Next time, I will make sure Dax has running shoes on and maybe I'll let him bring a friend that he can go hang out on the track with.
I love the deomlition derby. I think Logan would like it. I've wanted to take him for years.
ReplyDeleteWell consider the next one. I'll bet Justin can get all of us in...
ReplyDelete