Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stoke's Nature Center - Logan Canyon

Today, we (the kids, my dad and brother) went up Logan Canyon and visited the Stoke's Nature Center. We stopped by First Dam, ate a nice lunch and fed the ducks the remainder of our fries before heading farther up the canyon to the Nature Center.

It was so hot outside and the walk made my calves burn like crazy, but once we got up there the kids had fun playing in the river and skipping rocks and I was able to cool down in the shade. My dad can skip rocks like no other. Seriously, he can skip any kind of rock but the small flat ones would skip like 15 times.

The center was open and we were able to see the tarantula (yuck), the snakes and a new turtle that was eating his lunch. We also checked out the fossils, the little "bug" museum and we did a few of the fun activities the center offers. It's a pretty cool place to visit and Dax was happy to say hi to a couple of teachers he met at the summer camp he attended a couple of weeks ago.


3 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome pictures - I love how you put them in a collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about the summer camp after I talked to you. I think I remembered about it Friday morning. At least Logan doesn't get disapointed, he's used to not doing things because his mom is a flake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Stokes Nature Center! Soph did a camp there last year and it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete