Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Office

Since I am going on nearly 5 years at South Campus, I decided it was time to decorate a little. 40 hours a week means it is my home away from home and I figure it should be comfortable and me... I also thought it might be nice for those I have daily conversations with (you know who you are) to get a visual of where I am when we are talking.


Entering the fishbowl...


Inside the fishbowl...


Frogs and plants in the fishbowl...


More plants...

In case you are wondering, the windows are NOT bullet proof (one of my students asked me that), but I do have a good view of each entrance and surveillance cameras outside each door. I also have an evacuation plan in case of emergency, if you get my drift.

Aren't my shelves cute? Plants, bears, fish... I would like to add my own personal mission statement to the wall above my cupboards. And in the next few years maybe a flat screen TV, curtains, a hide-a-bed and a fridge. I might even dare putting in a wet bar if I could be certain the students wouldn't find out about it. Or maybe it would be good motivation for them to come to school. Mmmmm...

What you can't see:
  • Han Solo and Chewbacca bobble-heads
  • tons of family pictures
  • golf club bouquet
  • 44oz diet pepsi
  • Gary
  • Dax's drawings
  • snacks
  • socks and running shoes
  • dumb bells (yah, right)
  • my boom box
  • dozen coffee mugs
.

2 comments:

  1. Your plants are beautiful. I cannot keep anything alive.... plantwise. We have zero plants in our home... no trees or anything either. I'm pretty bad at stuff like that which is terrible because I don't know if you remember but my mom always had TONS of plants all over our home growing up. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do need a frog in there.

    ReplyDelete