Friday, July 9, 2010

Match Play

Well, I played my first match today and as I predicted; I hacked at the ball, got wet, got sand in my hair, got my butt handed to me after the 6th hole (it took longer than I expected)... but I had a good time doing it. Even though I lost and won't go into the second round, I got to know a very sweet fellow golfer, Tiana, and had fun playing in the beautiful weather.



It was also neat to have my hubby play caddy by driving me around, picking up my clubs and cleaning my ball. He even gave me some good advice like, "Keep your head down, I will watch where your ball goes" and "A little to the right but nice and gentle, don't scone it". He didn't have to console me, but he did take me out for a nice dinner!

Hopefully the other women enjoyed it as much as I did and we can try it again next year.

3 comments:

  1. Reading about you and Justin golfing makes me think maybe I should try golfing again... I only tried it once and was throwing a club by the eighth hole (I was using Dan's clubs and they were heavy!!!) but it sounds like you guys have so much fun doing it! Dan's golfing this morning! Glad you had a good time! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you ought to give it another go. Couple of tips:
    1. Don't have Daniel teach you, have him get you a lesson. It will save your marriage and you won't end up learning his bad habits.
    2. Be patient. After 10 years, I have reached a plateau and am not getting better, it's OK, I have good days and bad days, but overall I always have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome that you golf.

    ReplyDelete