Thursday, December 3, 2009

Have a Rappy Birthday Kristy



To my dear sister-in-law Kristy,
This might make your eyes a little misty.
Whether you laugh 'til you cry or you get something in your eye.
I won't know why, you might just sigh
Or
think it's sentimental or just plain dry.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

You make me laugh, and not just once in a while,
But every time we go out, there ain't no doubt
If we be eating, it ain't take out.
You be looking through the menu for what seems like hours,
'Cause there's as many options as the earth got flowers.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

You've got great teeth, I wish I did too
'Cause then I'd be just as coo as you...
A natural beauty, without even tryin'
Time's been good to you even though it's been flying.
You be so pretty even when you cries but especially
when you smile and I can't see your eyes.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

You gots so much love for my little bro Matt,
You are patient and tender, no denying that.
As far as your kid, yo he is so smart
And I am absolutely sure it's 'cause you've done your part
Of raising such a boy with brains and wit,
And not a holy terror we could nickname 'lil _____.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

I know you be a fantastic cook, you should write a book
With recipes and baking advice
I can always come to your house for a really rare spice,
I mean you probably even have that spice called cumin,
If you do you got a new name - Chef Wonder Woman.
Your oreo cookies are my personal fave, its them I crave
But Jill likes your rolls, learning how to make 'em should be one of my goals.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

I think it's cool that you stay in such great shape, your favorite color's grape
And you don't drink cola, and you don't own a Motorola.
You are easy going, you couldn't be any funner
And you enjoy sports, running and the Road Runner.
You are creative with the bracelets and earrings
Which brings me to the next topic... how you still got your hearing.

You watch little children every day
You love 'em like your own, to my kids this you've show
I wouldn't have had it any other way.
This gift you have to love someone else's kids
Without the aid of booze, you deserve a cruise.
Seriously though, more than you'll ever know
That is what I love about you
That you love my kids almost as much as I do.
So I can dare leave them in your care.
Without any fears and not a lot of tears.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

My one favorite memory, let's see if I can rhyme
Remember Sweeney Todd, wasn't that a great time?
You in the backseat to Salt Lake to see the play,
What were you really thinking along the way?
Matt and I a singing, bet your ears was ringing
You didn't say a word, but I'll bet you wish you had some tape
Or at least had the ability to make a great escape.
But you paid us back later on in the night
You know what's coming, no not a cat fight.
But the reality is you fared pretty well
Gettin yo self the last taco from Taco Bell.
That's all I saying, and you know I just playing,
Matt will blog it to the letter, besides he tells it much better.

Yo Kristy, you're so fine,
I am glad you belong to this family of mine.

So here comes the end to my little 'ol rap
About a sweet lady who doesn't take any crap .
She's my sister-in-law without one flaw,
I would roll her a rolo (get it?) and wouldn't trade her for Han Solo.
Ok, maybe for a day because he is HOT,
But only for one day, not one more, I would not.

I love you Kristy, you are one of a kind,
I couldn't have picked better, Matt's wasn't blind.
He saw you were perfect in every way
I hope you like this ode
from me to you on your birth day.

Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. That was AWESOME!

    I will need to hear you rap it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! I LOVED reading this!! (I always love reading your blog but this was exceptional!!!) Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete