When I was a little girl (ok, maybe not that little), I so wanted to be Princess Leia and not because I wanted to be a princess... I just wanted to be Han Solo's main squeeze.
Not only did I want to be Han's main squeeze, but I wanted to ride in his ship. I was really infatuated with this guy and the Millennium Falcon.
BEST SCENE
The best scene with Han Solo? When Han and Princess Leia arrive on Cloud City and Lando has invited them to join him for dinner. The door opens and there is Darth Vader. Ah... Han pulls out his gun and puts his hand in front of Leia and without missing a beat he fires a few shots at Vader. Oh what a stud!
STORIES
My brother Matt had all the action figures and we used to make the Death Star out of my mom and dad's 8-track tapes and vinyls. We would play with his characters and have a great old time until I wanted to marry off Han Solo and Princess Leia and have them dance and smooch. This is usually when Matt would decide that we were finished playing Star Wars.
On the long trips from Edmonton to Logan, Matt and I would usually entertain ourselves in the back seat by pretending we were in battles in space. We would use my mom and dads seat belts (there were no laws back then) and pretend we were shooting down tie fighters. Of course, I was always in the Falcon.
MY COLLECTION
One year for my birthday, Matt gave me a Han Solo plate. WOW! It ranks as one of my favorite possessions. It sits on top of my kitchen cupboards where I can see it every day while I am eating my cereal.
I also have a life size cardboard cutout that sits in my mom's storage. Mmmm, I ought to get that out and let Dax keep it in his room... Lucky for me, my kids enjoys Star Wars as much as I do. Maybe Han is not their favorite, but at least they are fans of the movies.
My daughter gave me a Han Solo Bobble Head which I proudly display on my desk at work. He ALWAYS gives me the right answer to my yes or no questions...
MY WISH LIST...
Mouse Pad
COFFEE MUG









That bobble head has told me a thing or two!
ReplyDelete