I loved Christmas Eve as a kid. My parents would bake, and bake, and bake. Baklava, snowball cookies, fruit cake (not the yucky kind), spanakopita, oatmeal spanakopita, oh yum!
We would divvy up all the goods and deliver platefuls to friends and neighbors. It was so awesome, I don't think in all the years I lived at home we didn't go out Christmas Eve to deliver treats.
I also remember one in particular. My dad went out and got a tree and my mom dug up all our old Christmas ornaments and decorations. We picked a poor family in our ward and did the knock, drop and run... It was a great memory, my parents did a lot of service, known and unknown, for the people in our ward.
After we had made all our deliveries, Matt and I were allowed to open one present. We always got pj's, we would get changed and then the family would play games. My favorite board game was Clue.
No comments:
Post a Comment