Monday, December 7, 2009

My Favorite Things - Gum

I have decided to use the rest of December to write about my favorite things. People will not be included, except for Han Solo, so don't think that family does not rank in my most favorite things list because they do, but they get birthday posts!

Kenny Rogers, in my opinion, does the best version of the song!

I have loved chewing gum for as long as I can remember. If you are ever in need, I am your go to person. My all time favorite was Black Bart. It had a pungent black licorice flavor and made your tongue go a purplish black. It would also make your jaws ache when you chewed it. This gum has been discontinued and was only available in Canada. I haven't chewed any for at least 15 years but I can still remember chewing it like it was just yesterday.

My second favorite would be Thrills. This gum tastes a bit like black licorice too, with a hint of Palmolive dish soap. Uh-huh. It is also a Canadian favorite AND is still available (thank goodness) but only through the internet.



Honorable mentions...
















Now if I could only learn not to swallow it! Yes, you heard right. I don't spit my gum out like a good girl should, I swallow it. My mom does it too. We have contests with Juicy Fruit to see who can keep their gum the longest. It's 50/50. Speaking of Juicy Fruit, it did not get an honorable mention because it is not in my mouth long enough for me to really enjoy it.

FYI: It does not take 7 years to digest either. Snopes has proved that false saying that once it is sent down the alimentary canal, it is no more remarkable than almost anything else we swallow.

1 comment: