
First I would like to wish a private Happy Birthday to a private person who would wish not to be named, but knows who he is... It may be belated, it may have been today, or it may be sometime down the road. He knows I know the date... Today however is the day for me to exclaim, Happy Birthday! I value and enjoy our friendship.
Grandma Anhder's Stuffed Peppers
(my modifications are in red)
1/2 stick of butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
(I make about triple this amount because you can never have too much stuffing and my kids like it on toast as opposed to eating the peppers)
1/2 lb hamburger (1lb)
pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated cheese (tons more, like 1-2 cups)
1 can Mexicorn (2 cans)
3 green peppers (they are better day 2, so I will usually make a dozen, so 6 peppers)
Heat butter, add flour, then milk, salt and pepper. When thick, add cheese and Mexicorn (set aside). I always drain and rinse my hamburger in hot water, I think it gets rid of a ton of fat.
Cut peppers lengthwise and clean out seeds. Boil 5 minutes (I boil them about 20 mins, then I only cook them for 30 in the oven) in salted, boiling water and then drain. Lay in 9x13 inch baking dish (or whatever dish you have that will fit the amount you are cooking) (butter the bottom of the dish). Stuff (I wouldn't call it stuffing, more like filling) with hamburger mixture, sprinkle with paprika. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 50 (30) minutes.
*Note to Leslee - You might like them but Jason does not, trust me.
Mmmm I like the sound of this (well without the corn), think I might have to try it out. HOpe you didn't mind me popping by I came through Matt's blog.
ReplyDeleteSarah.
Happy to have you here.
ReplyDelete