Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Favorite Things - 853

853 is my favorite number and has been since I was 9. In grade 4, my best friend and I used to pretend that we were secret agents. During summer break we would pick a person in our neighborhood and then for 1 week we would spy on this person. We would track their every movement. When and where this person would go when they left their house, what they ate, what they had in their garbage can,who their family members were. I think we even broke the law by occasionally opening their mail. We would document and file everything we could about them. Then we would create stories about them and cases against them. We had quite the imagination...
Murder, theft, abduction... all our neighbors were criminals!
Anyway, my favorite number was 5 and hers was 3. Our agency name was the combination - 853.

A different friend in Jr. High had the same favorite number but for a different reason. She had lost her purse on bus number 853...

For whatever reason this number stuck with me and to this day I still use it. It is part of my email address, my lottery numbers and I use it in some form on all of my login ID's.

Crazy huh?

2 comments:

  1. That is why you used to borrow my smallest cap guns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad I was never your neighbor. lol

    ReplyDelete