Baldwin Optical, Optician (4 mths)
When I moved to the States in '92 I didn't immediately get a job. I just stayed home and cared for Jill and tried to get acclimated to my surroundings. When I did decide to get a part time job, it was with Baldwin Optical in the mall.
Dr. Bergeson Family Practice, Medical Assistant (6 yrs)
This was an incredible experience for me. Since Jill was just 7 months old when I moved to Logan, I need a family physician to continue her well baby checks. I was referred to Dr. Bergeson by my step-mom, Pauline, who was a patient of his. I had been in to his office a few times, when out of the blue he called to see if I would be interested in working for him part-time. Why not, right? What an adventure this was. I ended up being his medical assistant and being able to assist him with anything from allergy shots to vasectomies! I have many crazy stories that I will share over the next year.
Convergys, Executive Administrative Assistant (7 yrs)
This position was really the turning point for me. I loved being the "behind the scenes" person. When I first started with Convergys, it was called Matrix Marketing. I was on the phone, taking inbound calls from Sprint PCS customers. I HATED IT, but the money was pretty good. I had been on the phones for nearly a year, when I finally told my team leader that I had better get a different position or I'd be finding myself another job. A month later, I was hired on as Assistant to the Operations Manager and then 2 years later, Assistant to the Director. This is where I was able to become fully skilled in the Microsoft Office programs. I was also able to take on additional responsibilities that let me travel and manage others. I made some of my best friends at Convergys.
Logan City Police Department, Secretary (1 yr)
I liked working at the police department and made some great friends there as well. I mean, when has it ever hurt to know most of the police officers in town and who would know that it would come in handy for my next position? This job allowed me to work solo for the most part. It was also a place where I was able to be creative and have fun. I put together the year end report and I also sent Chief Hendricks on his way with a slide show of his career at his retirement party.
Logan City School District, Office Administrative Assistant (4yrs)
This will get it's own special post. Look for Employment Part 3 - South Campus High School.



No comments:
Post a Comment