Dax's school is having a Valentine Tea tomorrow. I asked Jill if she remembered having the "VT" when she was in grade school. She did... I didn't...
Dax is supposed to dress nicely and I had to laugh at the note that was sent home with him today. It said, "Woodruff PTA is excited to host the Valentine's Tea for our students! This isn't a romantic activity, it is a manners lesson." WHAT? This was probably geared toward the parents that needed these instructions before being sent home from the hospital:
Seriously?
I have fond memories of Valentine's Day when I was in grade school. Sadly, these are the BEST memories of Valentine's Day in my 41 years!
I remember having to bring a small box from home which was typically a pain in the butt because you never had one when you needed one. Shoe boxes were the best. You took it to school, decorated it and then cut a hole in the top. This box would sit on your desk for the whole week before Valentine's Day and collect Valentine cards from your friends and teacher. It must have been my love of mail that made this a special day for me.
Every Valentine's Day while I was in grade school, my mom would bake sugar cookies. They were in the shape of a heart, had pink frosting and little cinnamon hearts around the edges. The best part of the cookie though was the red, gel frosting with each classmates name written across it. It was so cool. I would love to be able to do this for Dax's class, but every treat you take into his class has to be store bought and individually wrapped. I am surprised I haven't seen a note come home that says, "Woodruff PTA is excited when families send treats for our students! Due to ethnicity, skin color, sexual orientation, religion, social status, allergies and the mental health of our parents, we can no longer allow children to eat homemade food. Please bring Twinkies only."



No comments:
Post a Comment