Today I picked it up in Mendon which is much closer to my house and very easy to get to. Here's what we got for $16.50:
9 bananas
1 bag of apples
1 pkg strawberries
1 pkg blueberries
7 kiwis
1 head cabbage
1 acorn squash
2 bunches of celery
2 pkgs radishes
2 bunches of asparagus
1 lg & 5 sm cucumbers
2 heads of spinach
1 bag of apples
1 pkg strawberries
1 pkg blueberries
7 kiwis
1 head cabbage
1 acorn squash
2 bunches of celery
2 pkgs radishes
2 bunches of asparagus
1 lg & 5 sm cucumbers
2 heads of spinach
I have never cooked asparagus before, so I am looking for some advice. I am thinking some cabbage rolls and a salad sound good this week. Honestly, try it out... you won't be disappointed, you'll save money at the grocery store and you can plan your meals around fruits and veggies instead of meat!
I just planted Acorn Squash on my farm on Farmville... thought of you and your bountiful baskets!! ;)
ReplyDelete1- boil them until soft.
ReplyDelete2- steam them until soft.
3- In the oven @ 350 with olive oil drizzled on them.
You must try them with hollandaise sauce.
Yum!!!!!!!