Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave!



Dave is an amazing friend, grandpa and husband; truly a family man.



Dave loves to golf. He makes the game look easy and fun and I have never met someone that can even throw his clubs like a professional!

Here are a couple of memories:

Dave and I were lucky enough one year to help out the Police Academy at BATC. We went in to do scenarios which allowed us to play crazy people the cops-in-training might someday have to deal with. I remember that in one scene, Dave was driving a car (fake) and I was banging on his window (fake). We were really hamming it up and having a good time. At the end of it, Dave came over and kissed me on the cheek and told me what an awesome "crazy" person I was.

When I first moved into my house, Dave made me a table to go in my back entrance way. He is an awesome woodworker and has made his wife a curio cabinet and headboard. They are beautiful!



Tonight, at his b-day party, I was helping his granddaughter, Zoe, look for her shoes. Marie thought they were in their bedroom. Silly me, I had forgotten he was getting ready for a meeting AND even though the bedroom door was shut, I walked in on him changing... Thankfully, he still had his shorts on! I was so embarrassed.


I couldn't have asked for a better dad-in-law. I love ya man...

1 comment: