Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday JLowe!


Meet my new golf partner...

So much to say, so little time... Jill will have to forgive me for this less than adequate post. I was VERY busy tonight (thanks for nothing) and did not get home until a little after 11 and still had to farm. At least she will know where she ranks!

Our story: Jill was hired last year to be our school counselor. I was part of the interview process and voted her as #2. I really, really wanted them to hire someone else; someone I knew I could boss around and wouldn't have to "train" because they already knew the job. The principal of LHS asked me if I would have any problems working so closely with a female (sometimes girls that work together get "catty") since I was used to being surrounded by boys. I told her that as long as "this person" didn't try and do my job or take over any of my responsibilities, I would be OK with it. Of course I was lying... I did not want my throne taken from me! Ha...

I am so happy they made the decision they did. Not only did I now have someone to sincerely and seriously help me out, someone to roll my eyes at (or with), and someone to support me, I met someone that would become one of my great friends, and in such a short amount of time.

Jill is an awesome woman. She is fun, level-headed, professional (mostly), and gives me free counseling! Ha... She has a couple of kids that she adores and we have a lot of things in common. Some days, I am just amazed... Everyday I am thankful...


This is what she does most of the day...
Yes, her feet are on the desk and yes, it is very dark in her office...

Holding our favorite staple in front of our favorite appliance in our favorite room.


Here we are being "catty".

Jill has many wonderful qualities but MY favorite is her ability to bring out the best in a person. I watch her work with difficult kids (and teachers) all day and she almost always stays positive and sunshiny. In the short time I have known her, she has changed my outlook on myself and my little world.
I can't thank her enough for this...

I look forward to many years of working together
and a lifetime friendship.

-Hey Jill, it's 12:22 AM and guess what? You've been sleeping for nearly 3 1/2 hours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment