Monday, March 15, 2010

Pet Peeve #10 - Gnome Sweet Gnome

Thanks to a friend of mine, I took Jill, Dax, and Jace to dinner tonight at Angie's. It was quite enjoyable and I am so lucky to have the wonderful kids that I do that make dinner out fun and entertaining. On our way home, Dax was talking about the leprechaun he caught in school today. I asked him what it looked like and told me it was about 2 feet tall and green. I asked him if it looked like a garden gnome and he told me that he didn't know what a gnome was... which leads me to...

Pet Peeve #10 - Where are all the gnomes?



For a little adventure tonight, I decided that I would take the kids on a gnome search. We traveled up and down the western streets of Logan between 400 N and Golf Course Road until sundown. No gnomes in sight. Jill decided to google gnome etiquette in hopes of finding out what happens to them in the winter and we found the following information quite funny:
  • gnomes eat jelly and like to drink gin from a thimble
  • they don't wear leather
  • their shoes are made of felt or wood
  • they care for wounded animals
  • girl gnomes braid their hair until they get older then they tuck in under a scarf
  • they are our friends
Still, we don't understand where our little "friends" were hiding out tonight. Perhaps they are all underground guarding their precious treasures in anticipation of once again frolicking in the sun or perhaps they are on strike. Whatever the reason, I am getting a garden gnome this summer and I am going to leave it out all winter...

1 comment:

  1. We have a sweet little old lady who lives in the house behind us and she has a whole collection of gnomes. She rearranges them every few days- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete