OK, shortly after my wrinkly feet blog, my friend/co-worker Jill told me that she had scheduled us both to have our toes painted. I was pretty excited and nervous because I am really, really self-conscious about my feet. Jill has these long slender feet and toes and she went first and seemed to be in pain and oh, the disgusting things the gal scraped off of and underneath her toenails... I thought I was really going to be embarrassed, almost to the point of just packing it in and leaving. *breath* Seriously, I almost ran out the backdoor... Anyway, Jill is such a good friend and kept reassuring me that things would be OK and that they certainly couldn't be as disgusting as her mother's feet, but I always saw this little look of uncertainty in her eyes and I kept thinking that I wouldn't want to embarrass her in front of her friend (who was doing our toes) and maybe her friend would call her later and they would get a good laugh about my feet and how gross and deformed they are. *breath*
Well, it wasn't so bad after all. My feet actually look kind of "cute" and "cuddly"... and even though I love the polish, I can't wait until next time, 'cause it's so relaxing and it really perked up my week. The gal (I don't know what to call her) Ashley, even told me that I should be grateful that I have such nice, big nails to paint and not some silly, teeny-tiny ones that you can't even tell they are painted... *breath*
AND, I can't even believe that I dare to take a picture, just of my big toe and friend because I am just taking baby steps for now AND my camera worked!
I always hated my feet too. I got my Dad's feet... not complimentary to a girl. Hand me a pedicure gift card though and slap on some polish and I feel like a foot model!
ReplyDeleteThat potato does look nice.
ReplyDeleteONLY KIDDING! ;)
I think they look fabulous!!! I have the 'other' types of toenails... tiny little ones that almost don't seem worth painting!! :P Glad you got to relax a bit! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Matt, you are so, so funny!
ReplyDeleteI like them! I always think my feet are funny looking too.
ReplyDeleteI want that paint job!
ReplyDelete