Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Indian Oven


My in-laws were kind enough to take my boys for the evening so Jill and I decided to eat at the Indian Oven. We ordered the snack sampler as an appetizer, some spinach soup, chicken tikka masala and garlic flat bread. It was delicious and I suggest everyone just try it at least once. I think you might have a good experience with their lunch buffet because you can try pretty much everything. The spinach soup was my favorite.

It was weird to sit across the table from Jill. I was looking at her and thinking that I don't really see her as much as my little girl, but one of my close friends. She's really a neat person and I am proud of her. She's smart, funny, and beautiful. I also think and feel that I am way to young to have a kid her age and so I must just block out the fact that she is indeed, my kid! It makes me wonder if I'll ever get over the fact that she is not my sweet, dependent, little baby girl, but an adult that doesn't need the same kind of care I have been used to giving her... Did my mom feel the same way and how long was it before she accepted that I no longer needed her the same way I did when I was young? I guess I accept it, it's just strange, different, scary, nice... it's hard to explain.


No comments:

Post a Comment