Saturday, July 3, 2010

Over Beans & Wieners / Bits and Pieces




OVER BEANS & WIENERS




After spending a long day together (activities below), I took the kids to Walmart to pick up a few items for tomorrow's picnic. While we were there, I also picked up a package of fireworks. Dax has been talking about the little rocks you throw down at people's feet, that make popping noises. I told him we would get a few boxes and if he was good for the rest of the evening, he and I would put Jace to bed and go outside and throw some. Well, I wasn't reading the boxes very well and ended up buying the wrong ones. Instead of being disappointed, he told me it was alright and "it's not about the fireworks mom, it's about family". How sweet was that?

Even though it was a long day (I picked up a Bountiful Basket at 7am), it was fun. First, we went to Justin's grandpa, Hyrum's, 75th birthday celebration. Dutch oven cooking, a nice playground for the kids to play in, and some good old fashion roasting... of grandpa. I am way too shy to get up in front of a lot of people I don't know (or people I do know for that matter), so I will tell you a memory that I have of his grandpa here...

While Justin and I were dating, he took me to "The Ranch". I have written about "The Ranch" before, you can read about it here. Anyway, the bathroom is kind of the central room in the house and I remember getting up in the middle of the night (remember, I was sleeping upstairs with his mom, dad and sisters) to go to the bathroom. As I was rounding the corner, someone was also up and coming out of the bathroom... Vader! Actually it was grandpa all decked out in his "no snore" gear. It surely surprised me... so bad I didn't need to go after all!


April 2008

Hyrum has always, always made me feel like family, he
treats my husband with love and respect and he likes to spend time with my boys... I so appreciate all that.

Later in the evening, the boys and I met up with Dave and Marie to watch the Cruise-In. I think Dax enjoyed seeing all the "Bumblebees" and I sure enjoyed watching the people. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me or I would have posted a big-man-on-a-little-bike picture that would have certainly made you laugh... Then it was off to Walmart for fireworks and pizza at 10!

1 comment:

  1. Dax is so sweet... so wise already! Hope you guys have an awesome 4th... wish you guys were here!

    ReplyDelete