Again, how the time flies... It is hard to believe that 7 years ago today, I became an aunt for the first time!
I remember exactly where I was... I was at Justin's grandma and grandpa Olsen's house enjoying some of grandma's homemade chocolates. My mom called to let me know that Matt and Kristy were at the hospital and then called like an hour later to tell me that Logan, my nephew, had been born. I was so excited. It had been 10 years since we had had a baby in the family and I was so wanting to hold and kiss and love on him!
Matt and Kristy were living in West Jordan and I had to wait until the following day to drive down to see him. My mom and I left as early in the morning as we thought we could get away with. I remember seeing Kristy, she was still groggy and recovering and I had these flashbacks of having Jill. Like there was NO WAY I would ever have any more kids after THE MIRACLE OF BIRTH, it made me chuckle because you get over the whole ordeal within weeks.
Anyway, there he was so tiny and pink. He had blonde hair and I could tell right away he was his mother's boy. The sweetest little face...








You've got great pictures of him! I read a book about parenting. The author said that one of the best indicators of how well you are raising your child is if they are a joy to you and others. This makes me feel like we're at least doing on OK job. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I cannot wait for Logan to read this tomorrow.
ReplyDelete