As a working mom, nothing can replace the ease of home cooked dinners than the crock-pot. I love coming home and smelling dinner already waiting for me. Easy to put together, easy to clean up afterward.
This afternoon we went to my sister-in-law's house and let our kids make gingerbread houses. This has been a long standing tradition. It is fun to see how creative the kids can get in decorating their houses. Jace even had a great time chewing his candies and then sticking the remains to his house with icing.
I was responsible for bringing the main course so I thought slow cookin' chili would be good. It was... and will continue to be until the wee hours of the morning, if you get my drift! My mother-in-law wanted the recipe, so here it is...

Just add this, some water and a can of tomato paste! Serve in bread bowls with a sprinkle of cheese. You will have people thinking you sweated all day...
Some of my other favorite CP dinners are: pot roast, sweet & sour chicken, sloppy joes, sweet potatoes, peas and ham, and the list goes on. I have 3 or 4 different cookbook dedicated to crock pot dinners...
By the way, today is blogging DAY 50!! Only 300 more to go...

I've been looking for a new chili recipe - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat's what I thought you did for your chili. It's my new recipe.
ReplyDelete