Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Aunt Bessie

Holding Jace - 2008

Bessie celebrated her 90th birthday this month. She is my dad's sister and the oldest of 13 children (dad, a twin is #12).

Bessie lived in Petersboro (just off the highway) on a farm and I remember visiting her house when we would come for our yearly summer visits. I remember looking at all the pictures of family that hung on her walls and filled her curio cabinets. I also remember her offering my brother and I licorice treats from a gaudy crystal bowl and how I thought that was just the coolest thing and couldn't wait to grow up and get one of my own. Since I moved to Logan, I have had the pleasure of running into her in random places at random times. She always knows who I am and asks about my mom, dad, and brother. It is always nice to see her...

I am a little bummed that I missed her birthday party, but I wanted everyone to know what a beautiful, special aunt I have.

At the farm - 1991


Logan River Golf Course - 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment