Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall on the River

This tournament is one of my favorites for many reasons:
  1. The tournament is for Juvenile Diabetes and is named after Dax J. Olsen, the son of a wonderful couple we know. He had diabetes and lost his life a few years ago in a scooter accident.
  2. It's in the fall and pretty much ends the golf season with a bang.
  3. I get to play this tournament with my favorite people, my hubby and Jason & Leslee.
  4. Great tee prizes - this year we each got a pair of Foot Joy golf shoes and a Live Lucky hat/visor.
  5. Nice lunch before and a yummy dinner afterward.
This year the weather was perfect and Justin and I both hit the "jackpot" on a couple of holes. I won $500 worth of tires from Les Schwab on hole #3 and Justin took home a nice pull cart on hole #15.

2 comments: