I love to read. Love it, love it. I am like a kid in a candy store when I go to Borders. So many books to choose from. I usually rely on the English teacher at school to recommend books for me to read. He has picked a couple of stinkers, in my opinion, but overall I have enjoyed his choices.
I don't have a favorite author and I don't have a certain type of book I like. I will pretty much read anything that is put in front of me. I have a list of books that I would like to read and a list of books that I would like to have in my library. I would like to one day have an official library, with a fireplace and a bar, a nice cushy chair and walls lined with lots and lots of books!
I thought it might be fun to blog about new books that I have read. Right now I am reading "The World According to Garp", by John Irving. You will see a review sometime next week.
Because life with a family can get crazy at times and I do have to start work early in the morning (which means I cannot stay up too late reading), I am hoping to read a book and post a review every couple of weeks. If a book is taking me longer to read, I will just post a review on a book that I have already read.
Since I love to read and I love to write, I have a couple of things I would like to accomplish before I die. A short term and long term goal... I would like to join or start my own book club and I would like to compile a book of short stories or maybe even a book series for kids. In the meantime, I will read and blog and read and blog!


Funny, I was thinking of reading that book too. I just finished up my first book of the new year. I'll post a review of it sometime this week.
ReplyDelete