My husband has a kidney stone. We spent most of yesterday afternoon at the hospital and then finished up at the pharmacy. Those of you that know Justin, know that he is a pretty witty guy. That was the first thing I fell in love with, his red hair being the last... Ha! I have 2 funny stories from yesterday (actually, I have more than 2, but I will spare you). Some of our best times have been while waiting for doctors, nurses or pharmacists. Maybe we need to get out more?
I now present you with....
The Red Bull
#1-After Justin had his CT scan at the hospital, we were put in a small, private room to await the results. The radiologist was to call the doctor and then the doctor was to call Justin there in the room. Talk about personal... Anyway, after about 20 minutes of us discussing the possibility of this room being the "bad news" room, the phone finally rang. So there is Justin listening to his "prognosis", nodding and agreeing, etc. He hangs up the phone and tells me that yes, indeed it is a kidney stone, one about 3mm's, blah, blah, blah... Then he throws in, and I quote, "The doctor told me that she has never seen anyone handle the pain and discomfort as well as I am." Once I had processed what he was saying, I raised my eyebrow just as he followed up with a, "Just kidding." Seriously...
#2-We went out to the Cache Valley Pharmacy to have his prescriptions filled (we love the pharmacists!). The doctor had prescribed him 3 different medications. We are standing at the counter getting ready to pay and the pharmacist was going over all the drugs and their uses. He is saying, this one is for pain, this one is for the nausea and this one will make you bigger (meaning the tube connecting the kidneys to the bladder). I again raised my eyebrow and my dear husband says, quite loudly, "No Jenn, not THAT". I was so embarrassed... I went beet red, hit Justin on the side and quickly turned around so the guy couldn't see that I had tears streaming down my face. I don't know if it was because I was embarrassed or because it was so damn funny...
Between the 2 of us, Justin and I do not have many dull moments together. I don't know why I wonder where my kids get their keen sense of humor...
No comments:
Post a Comment