Well it doesn't look any better when I see it either... I want to thank my cousin for giving me another peeve. I was reading his blog a few days ago and there it was, in print, being used like it was just an every day word... (I forgive you cousin) Funny thing though, as I was re-reading his blog, I could not for the life of me find the word as I was going to quote it... Did I have a nightmare, or did he change his post? Mmmm...
Pet Peeve #14 - The Word - Hunker
Oh boy, how I hate this word. I don't like hearing it said and I have NEVER said it. I don't like the look of it and I certainly don't like what it means. If you say it in front of me, you will get a reaction! And don't try and be funny now that you know I hate it either...

Which cousin used this word? I'm really curious...anyway, I agree that it is a rather tasteless, inappropriate word. Let's ban it!!
ReplyDeleteI had no hunkering idea you hated that hunkering word!
ReplyDeleteNow I will never use it. Except when I teach Dax and Jace to use it. ;)