Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bear Lake

Justin and I decided to go over to Bear Lake and take advantage of his father's cabin for the night. I haven't been there in quite a while and now that I am back, don't really understand why I don't take my family and venture up there on a regular basis.

The cabin itself is more like a lodge; with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a huge kitchen and a couple of family rooms.



The view of the lake is spectacular...



We didn't get there until about 5:30pm and Ray and Shelley were just packing up to leave. Unfortunately, we missed grandpa and grandma Olsen as well which was disappointing because I love to sit and chat with them.

The beach, as I knew it, was no longer a beach because there is quite a bit more water in the lake. The cabin looked a lot different as well. Ray had cleared out a bunch of large trees from in front of the deck making the view even better. Dax walked down to the lake through the grass and tried his hand at catching himself some really big fish.

It was nice just to sit around and read and hang out as a family. The kids went to bed like they were in their own home and slept all night long. We headed to the beach around noon the next day and just enjoyed sitting and watching the boys play in the water. We even took the Craigcat out and cruised the lake for a bit. Neither Dax or Jace enjoyed that enough to take it out again, much to my disappointment.


All in all, it was fun and I look forward to doing that again (and again) this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment