Friday, June 4, 2010

A Proud Mom

My daughter, Jillian, graduated from high school last night! WOW... I am so excited for her.





It was held in the Spectrum on the Utah State campus. I was happy to get her there early enough to take a few outdoor pictures. She looked amazing (as always), but for me it was an odd feeling being there as her parent. I don't see myself as an old broad until I see pictures of the 2 of us together. We look alike, but she has that young, radiant, hopeful look to her that comes when you begin a new stage of life, with countless opportunities and fun adventures ahead of her.




I am also starting a new phase in my life... my life without my little girl picking flowers and proudly bringing them to me, or drawing funny pictures of her family to pin up on the fridge, or crawling around on her hands and knees pretending to be a horse. My new phase is seeing my daughter become more independent, start college and pursue her own hopes and dreams. Now I get to sit back and witness the countless opportunities and fun adventures unfold before her.

Yah, I look older, with a few wrinkles, grey hairs and some extra cushion but I also see wisdom, strength and pride in the face of a mom that has the most awesome daughter in the world.



I want to thank everyone who took the time to send her a card or wish her a happy future. Thanks to those that were able to make it to the ceremony. I know it was really long and dull and the fact her last name is towards the end of the alphabet didn't help, but it was so, so nice to get pictures and have you there at the end to congratulate her.


2 comments:

  1. I thought it went by rather quickly. It was a very nice ceremony. I would love to get a copy of that pic of me and Jill even though I am pulling a real strange face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog, very touching and moving! I have a hard time believing that you are old enough to have a child who is old enough to be a high school graduate! Where does the time go, anyway?! Loved the pictures! You and Jill are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete