Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rides, rides and more rides...

I can't say there are any L-A-M-E rides or attractions at Disney or California Adventure. There are some that I like better than others, but everything is entertaining... Here are my favorites in no particular order. I am not going to go into too much detail in case you have never been there, but plan to go someday.

DISNEYLAND

Haunted Mansion

This is incredible for its graphics. Ghosts everywhere... even one sitting with you!

Indiana Jones

This is so fun! As you can see, even standing in line for 45 minutes is entertaining because your surroundings are interesting to look at. I love being tossed around in the jeep AND I love that Indiana makes a few special appearances... This is Jill's favorite.

Space Mountain

Nothing like a roller coaster in the dark.


Yes, that is us in the back...

We only rode this once, but not for lack of trying. We fast passed it, but it was out of or
der when we came back. Then we stood in line for nearly 45 minutes on our last night, about missed the fireworks, and then to our dismay, it went out of order when we were about to enter it! My theory is this: when people puke at high speed, in the dark, in a very closed space, it takes a lot of time *gag* to clean up the mess.

Star Wars Jedi Training Academy

Jill and I loved watching this! Young kids given the opportunity to train with a Jedi and then fight Darth Vader or Darth Maul.


Some take this responsibility very seriously. One kid forced back 2 stormtroopers (who totally went with it) without being prompted by the trainer.



This is awesome and I am jealous it is only for kids! So entertaining to watch!



CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

Tower of Terror

WOW! This ride is intense every time. Great graphics and of course a great rush. Even on our umpteenth time, I had to grip my seat!

Soaring Over California

This for me is a serious trip. I don't know what it is that makes me want to leap out of my seat, but I really have to restrain from doing so. Incredible. Jill hates this ride but humored me anyway. In the end, I think she at least enjoyed watching me freak out.

California Screamer

The smoothest roller coaster in the world! It's fun to be launched up the initial climb and the g-force in the loop was like none other.

1 comment:

  1. When I soared over Califonia, I kept lifting my feet up so they wouldn't hit the trees. It made me laugh. But I couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete