My mom used to work in a building not too far from my home. It was so nice because I would get weekly visits and could pop in on her any time. Once, I drove by her building and was surprised to see an owl on the roof. I quickly pulled into the parking lot to flip around and do another drive by to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Sure enough, there it was. I got out my phone and took a picture...
When I got home, I called her at work and told her there was an owl on the roof of her building. She laughed and then laughed some more. Apparently they had some troubles with woodpeckers pecking on the sides of the building and apparently woodpeckers don't like owls. The owners went and bought fake owls (yes, now you are laughing) to put on all 4 corners of the building. OK, so the woodpeckers weren't the only ones fooled!
I went back later that week with my camera, zoomed in and took this shot...

I have noticed them around town ever since I first heard that story.
ReplyDelete