Friday, November 20, 2009

And the award for the ugliest dog goes to...


FRODO

Justin and I bought Jill a dog in 2001. We rescued him from an animal shelter in Riverdale. Actually we rescued him from some very scary woman that just so happened to rescue stray animals. We were looking for a Chihuahua and I saw his picture on the web and immediately fell in love with him. Let's just say he takes very good pictures. Kidding Jill...

Frodo is part Chihuahua and we think maybe Dachshund or Boston Terrier. He has been a very nice addition to our family if you don't take in to account the following: he is scared of things smaller than him like mice and flies (yes, you read that right), and then ordinary things like fly swatters, clapping, cats, kids, feet, water, being lonely, knocking, firecrackers and the list goes on. He also has a very weak stomach and will puke up almost anything that he eats other than his dog food. He like to dine with the family and make as much noise doing it that he can. He snores and moans and grunts and groans. He cries when his nails are clipped and he has lost most of his teeth which might be why his breath always smells like a swamp. He also has "little dog syndrome", he loves to chase and square off with dogs much larger than he is.

I guess it is a good thing that he is the first dog that I have ever owned and I have nothing to compare him too.

We think he was probably about 2 years when we got him which would put him at 77 dog years.

Wow, he is old, now I feel bad...

Honestly though, I love Frodo and he has been a great dog for my kids, especially Jill. If she is not home he sits and whines and looks out the windows and waits for her.



She packs him around in her purse and takes him on bike rides in the summer. When we first got him, we loved to dress him up for the holidays...


For me, there is nothing like looking into his incredible, brown, bug eyes and knowing that he loves me unconditionally.



1 comment:

  1. Frodo is one of those "good" dogs that I can count on one of my hands. BLOG-CROSSOVER!

    ReplyDelete