Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy 7th Anniversary Justin

Justin and I met at a bar. I was 29 and he was... well never mind. This was 1998. Now we did not meet at a bar, like he saw me and bought me a drink or something romantic like that. We met because he was a bartender and I was a waitress. His first words to me I believe were, "Hey why don't you get some dishes done b****h?" To which I replied, "Why don't you do your own dishes b****h?" He wet towel whipped me and I thought he was an ass.

Over the course of the next few weeks his charm and wit kind of started to grow on me and it led to many late nights (like 3 am) that we would close up the bar and just sit and talk.

I remember one time my friends were going up to the canyon, I had my daughter with me who was 6 at the time. Justin followed me out and hung out with us for the afternoon. He colored with Jill and I remember thinking maybe he wasn't such a big ass after all.

Justin has an amazing sense of humor and I think that is why I initially fell in love with him. He was always making me laugh. He was also awesome with my daughter. I went to Tennessee on a business trip (this was before we were married) and he called Jill's dad to see if he could pick her up and take her to one of his family's parties.

Another memory I have of him is this major make-out session we were having on my dad's upstairs couch. WOW. I got a bloody nose at some point and remember dripping all over his face. Can you imagine the embarrassment? He still called me the next day.

I also remember watching a movie with him in my dad's basement and getting up and running down the hall because I had to unleash a little gas. He heard me and of course had to comment about it. He still called me the next day.

This guy wasn't going anywhere and for that I am thankful.

He proposed to me at his apartment. I don't remember what month (my bad) but I believe it was in the spring. I really had no idea. The ring was set in a nest in this beautiful flower arrangement.

On November 27th, 2002 we were finally married. We had a small ceremony in my home and then honeymooned in Las Vegas.


Now here we are 11 years later, 3 wonderful kids and I am just as in love with him now as I was then.

I love you Justin and look forward to another 11 years together.

1 comment: