I grew up in Edmonton, AB Canada and every Remembrance Day we would get a poppy to pin to our shirt. I remember it was a big deal, we would sing the national anthem and our teacher would recite the poem "In Flanders' Fields". I used to know the poem by heart...My brother did a wonderful job recognizing all our relatives that have served our country. I just want to express my gratitude to everyone who is serving or has served. Thank you for your service and sacrifice so that I may live in a free country.
Jenn, I think this challenge by your brother is awesome and I will be interested to read your daily entries. You are a pretty good writer. I didn't know that Matt was so in to writing. Do you think that he (and you) might be interested in collaborating with me this winter on some writing and ideas? I don't know if you knew that about me or not, but I have always wanted to write. Good job...keep it going!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer! Unfortunately I had to republish my column since it published it for yesterday. That is why your comment disappeared.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jason. Had no idea you wanted to write. Very cool!
I know! You will have to talk to him about your writing group...
ReplyDelete