Last night, I had an episode and by that I mean I felt like I was losing my mind (which seems to happen more often than not). If any of you have experienced this for real, you know what a scary feeling it is. Justin had told me a couple of things that I had completely forgot (I still have no recollection of him telling me). These things that I won't go in to, affected my plans for Tuesday. I had some shopping to do, my house was a mess, and now I was responsible for getting Dax to school and Jace to daycare and I had to be to work on time. Because of Justin's schedule he is usually off on Tuesdays, so I wasn't planning on having to do this. I don't know when it happened or where my brain was when he told me, but I had already planned my day and this news was shocking. Needless to say, I flew into a tantrum, four-letter words were flying, I am ranting and raving about what a brainless, forgetful, dumb b**** I am all in front of my boys (not proud), so I left the house to cool off. You are probably thinking this was quite the reaction to something so trivial and while I was out on my cool down drive, I too, was thinking just that very thing and that pissed me off even more.Then to come home and have to eat crow and apologize to my family for my ridiculous behavior.
That said, here was what happened today.
At about 10:55 a.m. I am sitting at work and helping out a couple of students when the office phone starts ringing. I check out the caller ID and see that Justin is calling me. OH CRAP! I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO PICK MY 6 YEAR OLD UP FROM KINDERGARTEN. I answer the phone and say, "CRAP, I am leaving right now, call me on my cell phone." This was not the reason Justin was calling me at work. My bad, it's a good thing he called or Dax might still be waiting to be picked up. Anyway, I get to the school, joke with the secretary, trying to cover up the failure and guilt I was really feeling. I asked Dax if he was worried and he told me that he was a little bit. The secretary told me that when he came to the office, he told her that his mom was coo-coo catchoo and made the circular motions around his ear... What a kid.
How could I forget this cute little face?

OVER BEANS AND WIENERS
Dax: Mom, maybe you and dad shouldn't be married anymore since you fight all the time.
Mom: We aren't fighting Dax, we are just talking about things. We have to talk loud because you and your brother are loud and we can't hear each other.
Dax: Oh, that makes sense.
Mom: Dad and I will always be married, we love each other very much and we love you and your brother and sister too.
Dax: Mom, stop talking. This is something that you should write in my birthday card.
Dax is awesome. I can totally see him saying that!
ReplyDeleteBeen there- done that!!
ReplyDelete