Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Dad

Happy 65th Birthday Dad!

Do you remember?
  • putting me over your knee and spanking me when I was 15?
  • taking long naps together?
  • caring for me after Jill was born?
  • the long drives from Edmonton to Logan with Matt and I in the back making fun of your music?
  • being afraid when I was at the wheel?
  • taking Mindy and I to Saturday night dances and then having to pick us up at 2 a.m. because we couldn't get home?
  • skating at Mayfair park?
  • slurpies?
  • living together in the apartment in Clareview?
  • playing in the snow?
  • listening to me practice playing the oboe and bass clarinet?
  • making dolmathes?
  • cooking Saturday morning breakfast (Greek eggs, roly polies, and cantalope)?
  • camping?
  • consoling me after break-ups and sending me flowers?
  • taking hundreds of pictures of me when I was young and making me pose for every one of them?
  • singing "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More, No More" and "Neena Nina" to me?
  • the times I permed your hair?
  • watching Matt and I put on dance recitals?
  • Christmas at my apartment?

  • my HORRIBLE teenage years?
  • always beating me at card games?
  • Trans-Siberian concerts?
  • watching "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

  • listening to Prince?
  • taking me to the hospital to have my foot stitched up?
I have so many wonderful memories of spending time with you. I just want you to know that I love you and I will always be your little girl...

Jeeju

1 comment: