The movie "Immortal Beloved" ranks in my top 10 list of great movies. It stars Gary Oldman, one of my top 10 favorite actors, playing my most favorite composer, Ludwig Van Beethoven.
After Beethoven died in 1827, 3 love letters were discovered in his desk. The person the letters addressed is unknown although there is some speculation. This movie follows his life and death and his secretary and biographer's search for Beethoven's "Immortal Beloved".
"My angel, my all, my very self - Only a few words today and at that with pencil (with yours) - Not till tomorrow will my lodgings be definitely determined upon - what a useless waste of time - Why this deep sorrow when necessity speaks - can our love endure except through sacrifices, through not demanding everything from one another; can you change the fact that you are not wholly mine, I not wholly thine -"

I have never seen this flick. I don't even know if I have even heard of it before.
ReplyDelete