Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girls Night Out

Over the years I have been blessed with many girl friends but no one like my best friend Melissa. Tonight we were able to spend some time together.

We ate at Cafe Sabor and talked about our crazy last 2 weeks. This particular restaurant has wonderful Mexican food but is typically freezing cold. We asked to be seated somewhere warm and they put us in their covered patio with metal chairs. What the? They probably remember us from last time and wanted to limit our 3 hour visit to just the 1 1/2 hours we were there, freezing out butts off. Since we were not even close to done visiting we debated on what to do next...

Walmart? Yes. She had something she needed to buy and I wanted to get my dad's birthday present and a card. What 2 other women can spend close to 3 hours browsing Walmart?

It was fun and while I don't think our attire would warrant us to be posted on the popular "thepeopleofwalmart.com", our behavior might. We browsed the holiday, cosmetic, cd and appliance aisles. We stopped to look at the birthday cards (reminds me of another 3 hours spent on the floor in Hallmark) and sniffed every possible ScentSational fragrance cube. It was a blast!

How lucky I am to have a beautiful friend like Melissa.


Melissa and her son, Kaleb

No comments:

Post a Comment