Thursday, November 26, 2009

Nothing but Thanks

OK, 853 is my favorite number. How this came to be will be a blog for another day. I could probably give you 853 things that I am thankful for but I would be up all night and then a grouch tomorrow. Instead I give you...

53 Things I am thankful for...
  1. A loving, forgiving, merciful God that always seems to make sure I have plenty to be thankful for
  2. My loving, forgiving husband Justin
  3. My beautiful, sweet, low maintenance daughter Jill
  4. My charming, witty son Dax
  5. My darling, cuddly son Jace
  6. My mom who I become more and more like each day (I don't mind at all, she's great)
  7. My dad who has always loved me unconditionally
  8. My step-mom Pauline who is one of the most generous people I know
  9. My brother Matt who has been my best friend since birth and I am proud of and who challenged me to write
  10. My brother Nathan for being himself and who I would really like to get to know better
  11. My in-laws, Dave & Marie and Ray & Shelley who always make family time fun and enjoyable
  12. My sister-in-laws Kristy (she is a natural beauty, inside and out) & Leslee (makes me feel like I have always had a sister and keeps me informed) & Katie (for always telling it like it is) & Kallie (for being herself and genuine) & Liz (for always making a point to play with my boys) & Tara (for liking the water just a little more than I do)
  13. My brother-in-laws Jason (for always making me laugh and coming up with words that ARE NOT in the dictionary) & Royce (for also making me laugh and being a great dad) & Tim (for introducing me to LOST and always talking to me at family gatherings)
  14. My nephews Logan(who is adorable and SO SMART) & Austin (who is a stud and doesn't really mind me embarrassing him and has great hair)
  15. My nieces Tiffany (who is beautiful and happy all the time), Taysha (who doesn't mind playing with Dax and has great taste in clothes) & Zoe (who will try anything, is sweet as pie and demands hugs and kisses from her cousin)
  16. My friend Melissa (such a beautiful person and the only person I tell EVERYTHING to)
  17. My friend Holly (for liking Chaladas and golf and for keeping an eye out for me)
  18. My friend Jill (aside from Coke, she is my soul sister)
  19. My co-workers, Warren (a first born I can relate to in many ways), Nev ( for being so artistic), Brad (for having the love of reading in common), Kathy(for being constant and calm) & Steve (who knows something about everything)
  20. Ketchup
  21. My cute home
  22. My health (this week)
  23. My family's health
  24. Being able to eat 3 turkey dinners in 5 days
  25. Food in general
  26. Fall (colorful leaves, the smell, the weather, the sunrise and sunsets)
  27. Movies
  28. Clean smelling towels
  29. I can cover my grey
  30. I don't look 41... hopefully when I am 50
  31. Golf
  32. Mascara and lip gloss
  33. Chaladas - 1, 2, 3
  34. Dishwashers
  35. I can drink water from a tap
  36. Pumpkin carving
  37. Cameras to record memories
  38. Razors to keep me smooth
  39. Tweezers to keep my beard under control
  40. The Internet
  41. My faithful blog followers
  42. The Bubble Game
  43. Heat
  44. Air conditioning
  45. My toothbrush
  46. Diet Cherry Pepsi
  47. Facebook for keeping me in touch with family and friends
  48. My Aunt Margo's calendars
  49. Book stores
  50. Frodo, Dusty Bottoms, Ned, Lucky Day and Gary
  51. Flowers
  52. My hairdresser
  53. Fireworks
  54. Memories of my Grandma and Grandpa and Pappou and Yiayia
  55. Growing up in Edmonton, AB Canada
  56. Rain, thunder and lightning
  57. Music
  58. Straight, tasteful Christmas lights
  59. Sleep
  60. Disposable diapers
  61. TP
  62. Comet
  63. Clothing
  64. Happy pills
  65. Phones
  66. Not having to deal with spiders 5 months out of the year
Ok, ok, so once I started I couldn't stop.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your list... so many things on your list that I am so grateful for too! I'm so glad you're writing everyday, I enjoy getting to know you even better. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete