My grandma and I had many things in common but nothing like our love for food. Over the next year I will be sharing my most favorite recipes...
Sweet & Sour Chicken
1-2 lbs. chicken breast
1 egg
1 cup cornstarch
garlic salt
1 tbsp. butter
Beat egg; dip chicken in egg and then in cornstarch. Sprinkle garlic salt on. Brown in butter. When chicken is brown, put it in a casserole dish (13").
Mix together:
1 cup vinegar
3 tbsp. ketchup
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup sugar
Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, turning once in sauce when half done. Enjoy over rice with a vegetable of your choice.
In the oven? The recipe I got cooks in the crock pot. I guess that's what I get for joining the family late. But, I still love it. I cook more of your mom's recipes than my mom's.
ReplyDelete