Alright, anyone who knows me, knows that I have a really hard time spending large amounts of money.. on anything. My husband however..
We have been having the four-wheeler talk now for the past 2-3 summers. I have been able to hold out with things like, "the boys are too young", "I want a new floor", "THEY COST TOO MUCH", etc. Well, this fall Justin bought him and the boys a nice little camp trailer and I thought I wasn't going to have to hear anymore about the four-wheeling idea. Nope, he called me one day at work (shortly after he bought the trailer) and told me that he had bought a wheeler. Needless to say, I was furious. Well, he didn't buy one but had sure been looking rather closely and seriously at one. He asked me if I would at least go in to the dealership and have a look at it and then maybe drive one around to see what it was like. I had never been on a wheeler and he was sure (and I think he made a deal with the salesman) that once I had ridden on one I would see how wonderful it would be for Justin to have one. So I went in to the dealership (with an open-mind, NOT) and we left with not just one for Justin, but one for myself as well. Then we went back in a week later and bought all five of us helmets. FINE!
We bought the toys on October 16th and I have been itching to break mine in. Justin was able to use his during the deer hunt a week ago, but mine has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. Today was the first day I was able to don my helmet and put some miles on my wheeler. We (Justin, Jill, Dax, Jace and I) went up right hand fork in Logan Canyon. Justin, Jill and Dax were on one and Jace and I were on the other. It was awesome! The weather was sunny and warm and there wasn't much traffic up where we were at. We took turns driving around and trading off kids. They all had such a great time. Jill was quite the daredevil and Dax had fun driving mom around for a bit. It was wonderful to see my family having so much fun together. Laughing, smiling, and squeeling (ya Jill). I am already looking forward to warmer weather and planning our time off next summer. FUN!
I guess I owe my husband an apology for being so anxious about this purchase. Thanks hon for convincing me this was a good idea. I knew we would have fun and it would be something all 5 of us would enjoy doing together but until today, I had no idea... FORGIVENESS?
Owned. :)
ReplyDeleteHoney I love you soooooo much. Thank you for being the yin to my yang. (so to speak)
ReplyDelete